Information We Collect
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.siliconnerd.com This may include any information provided at the time of registering to use our Site or requesting further services or information.
- When ordering a product we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing and billing address, phone number, credit card information or other information.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence and your contact details.
- Information that you choose to share through our site, email or live chat.
- We may collect, but are not limited to collecting, the following: basic user information, such as your name, email address, physical address, location, phone number, IP addresses, referral pages, service behavior, and traffic data.
- Information that you provide us by completing surveys on our site or as carried out by our approved third parties.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
- Transaction Information. When you use our Services to make payments, we collect information about when the transactions occurred, a description of the transactions, the payment amounts, billing and shipping information, and information about the payment methods used to complete the transactions.
Silicon Nerd automatically receives and records some information from your browser or your mobile device when you visit the Site, such as your IP address or unique device identifier, cookies and data about which pages you visit on the Site. This information helps us analyze and understand how the Site works for members and visitors, and provide a more personalized experience for members and visitors.
Silicon Nerd may receive or collect information (for example: an email address) about a person who is not yet a registered Silicon Nerd member (a “non-member”) in connection with certain Silicon Nerd features, including but not limited to a non-member subscribing to a Silicon Nerd newsletter or contacting Silicon Nerd through email or chat. Non-member information is used only for the purpose it was originally submitted to Silicon Nerd.
Messages from Silicon Nerd
Some messages from Silicon Nerd are service-related and required for members. Examples of service-related messages include, but are not limited to: a welcome/confirmation email when you register your account, notification of an order, order updates, updates about changes to our Site or services, or correspondence with Silicon Nerd’s support team. These messages are not promotional in nature. You may not opt-out of receiving service-related messages from Silicon Nerd, unless you close your account.
Remove or modify information you have provided to us
To delete all of your online account information from our database please contact us and we will delete your account. You can also sign into the “My Account” section of our site and remove your shipping address, billing address and phone number. Please note that we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping.
Uses and Sharing
We may share personal information about you if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request; to enforce applicable agreements or policies; to protect the security or integrity of our Services; and to protect us, end users, or the public from harm or illegal activities.
We may also share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information with third parties that run advertising campaigns, contests, special offers, or other events or activities in connection with our Services.
A cookie is a string of information that a website stores on a visitor’s computer, and that the visitor’s browser provides to the website each time the visitor returns.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject cookies; however, our Services may not function properly if you do so.
- When strictly necessary: Vital to ensuring that Silicon Nerd works properly for visitors and members.
- For performance: Help us understand how the Site is functioning so that we can improve our services.
- For functionality: Retain your personal preferences as you use the Site to enhance your experience.
- For marketing and advertising: We may gather data to help deliver advertising content relevant to your interests.
Please email us with any questions or concerns regarding our policy at: hello (at) siliconnerd (dot) com
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.